AU WA S4905
ADMINISTRATIVE RECORDS - VARIOUS
- 1980-01-01-1993-02-12 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Loose paper, manuals and booklets
Various - see descriptive note
Name of creator
AU WA A1000 - MOUNT HENRY HOSPITAL (1951-01-01 - 1998-08-03)
Originally opened in 1951 to care for mentally ill and disabled elderly patients. Mount Henry Hospital became a teaching hospital for the W.A. School of Nursing from 1954 to 1975 with a restorative unit opened in1964 and declared a Public Hospital in 1966. At its peak, the Hospital housed 380 beds and offered services for Restorative, Respite, Assessment, Continuing Care, Palliative Care and Psycho Geriatric treatment. The hospital closed in mid 1998.
Originally part of the State Library of Western Australia's collection and described in MN2710 in 2010. These records were transferred to the State Records Office under the State Records (Consequential Provisions) Act 2000 in 2017.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series includes reports, agendas, minutes, staff instruction booklets, manuals, study day books, administrative forms and graduation programs from the School of Nursing. Numbering system imposed by SLWA.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access