Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
The boundaries were defined and an area designated as the Canning road district on 24 January 1871.
On 26 April 1907, a portion of the Canning road district was severed to become the Municipality of Queen's Park, the remainder was to became the Gosnells road district.
The Municipality of Queen's Park operated until 5 November 1915 when it was abolished and reconstituted as the Queen's Park Road Board, together with a portion of the Gosnells road district.
The name of the Queen's Park Road Board was changed to that of Canning Road Board on 17 July 1921. The Canning Road Board became the Shire of Canning on 1 July 1961, the Town of Canning in 1971 and the City of Canning in 1979.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
The Roads Act of 1888, 52 Vict No 16 (from 1/1/1889 until 31/12/1902);
The Roads Act 1902 (from 1/1/1903 until 26/04/1907);