AU WA S4906
- 1984-01-01 - 1995-12-31 (Accumulation)
Level of description
Loose papers, files
Various - see descriptive note
Name of creator
AU WA A1000 - MOUNT HENRY HOSPITAL (1951-01-01 - 1998-08-03)
Originally opened in 1951 to care for mentally ill and disabled elderly patients. Mount Henry Hospital became a teaching hospital for the W.A. School of Nursing from 1954 to 1975 with a restorative unit opened in1964 and declared a Public Hospital in 1966. At its peak, the Hospital housed 380 beds and offered services for Restorative, Respite, Assessment, Continuing Care, Palliative Care and Psycho Geriatric treatment. The hospital closed in mid 1998.