AU WA A1227 - DALWALLINU ROAD BOARD

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Legal Status Text

Local Authority

Authorized form of name

DALWALLINU ROAD BOARD

Other form(s) of name

Description identifier

AU WA A1227

Description area

Dates of existence

1916 - 1961-07-01

History

The Dalwallinu district was settled by pastoralists and graziers in the early 1900s. The Benedictine monks from New Norcia had grazed cattle in the district, prior to the area being thoroughly surveyed in 1909 and open to selection in 1910. A railway line was built through the area, and the town of Dalwallinu developed from the railway siding. The Dalwallinu Road Board became a Shire in 1961.

Places

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Abolition: Municipalities Act 1961

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

AU WA A1226 - SHIRE OF DALWALLINU (1961-07-01 -)

Identifier of the related entity

AU WA A1226

Category of the relationship

Succeeding

Dates of the relationship

1961-07-01 - ?

Description of relationship

Related function

Related unit of description

Series S3033 - RATEBOOKS

Role

Creation

Description of relationship

Dates of relationship

Control area

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Sources

Archivist's notes