- 1894-06-28 - 1990-11-09 (Accumulation)
- 1894 - 1993 (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The corporate objectives for the Crown Law Department were:
- to maintain an efficient, professional and complete legal service to the Government of Western Australia and its Departments;
- to ensure that the Crown's case were effectively and fairly represented in all Court proceedings;
- to ensure ongoing policy review of legislation in order that it continues to be relevant and appropriate;
- to ensure that the Government of Western Australia could achieve its legislative programme;
- to maintain an accessible and efficient Court service which effectively supported the objectives of an independent Judiciary;
- to ensure that sufficient corporate support was provided to facilitate progress toward the achievement of Departmental objectives.
Name of creator
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Files created by the Crown Law Department covering matters such as proposed legislation, the preparation of bills and appointments of senior public administrators.
(Files in this Record Series include items that were previously listed at the State Records Office at reference: AN 47/2; Accession 1042).
(A seperate series - Record Series No. 3029 - has been registered as a sub-set of Series 2664, but the files were originally created as part of one whole sequence. This seperate series comprises Crown Law Department files relating to inquisitions, inquests and murder cases and to which a restricted access status applies).