Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
The boundaries were defined and an area was designated as the Canning road district on 24 January 1871.
On 26 April 1907 portion of the Canning road district was severed to become the Municipality of Queen's Park, the remainder becoming the Gosnells road district.
The Municipality of Queen's Park operated until 5 November 1915 when it was abolished and reconstituted as the Queen's Park Road Board together with a section of the Gosnells road district. The Gosnells Road Board continued to operate until 30 June 1961 when it was upgraded to that of Shire.