- 1985-01-01 - (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The mission of the Library and Information Service of WA (LISWA) was to provide and promote equitable access to information resources and services which support the intellectual, economic, cultural, social and recreational needs of the people of Western Australia.
LISWA held responsibility to:
- develop and maintain public library collections appropriate to the needs of Western Australians;
- cooperate with local government and approved bodies in the provision and development of free public library services;
- provide responsive reference and information services;
- acquire, provide access to, and preserve information materials with particular emphasis on WA's documentary heritage; and
- develop and maintain the State's private archival collections.
On 1 July 2002, the Library and Information Service of Western Australia officially changed its name to the State Library of Western Australia.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The Infolink Government and Community Information database is a publicly accessible database that provides information about State Government and community organisations throughout Western Australia.
The database provides the title of the government agency/ community organisation, the name of the parent body, the address and contact name/s and a description of the aims and services provided.
A printout of this database was made in 1996 for archiving. For consignment 6560, items 1 - 4 are an alphabetical listing of government agencies/community organisations with contact details and descriptions. Item 5 is a subject based listing.