Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
This Authority was first gazetted as The Mooradung Road Board District on 18 May 1892. The District had previously been within the Williams Road Board.
From February 1899 the District was commonly called Marradong. This change of name was formalised in a gazettal notice dated 30 October 1903.
In 1925 a purpose built Road Board office was erected at Boddington. The latter name was adopted for the new local authority created in 1961 (see Agency No. 789).
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
The Roads Act 1902 (from 1/1/1903 until 30/6/1911);
The Roads Act No 29 of 1911 (from 1/7/1911 until 16/12/1919);
Road Districts Act 1919 (from17/12/1919 to 30/6/1961).
Abolition: The Local Government Act 1960