- 1916-01-01 - (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The boundaries were defined and an area was designated as the Canning Road District on 24 January 1871.
On 26 April 1907, portion of the Canning Road District was severed to become the Municipality of Queen's Park, the remainder becoming the Gosnells Road District. The Municipality of Queen's Park operated until 5 November 1915 when it was abolished and reconstituted as the Queen's Park Road Board together with a section of the Gosnells Road District.
On 17 June 1921, the name of the Queen's Park Road Board was changed to that of Canning Road Board  which existed as such until 30 June 1961 when all Road Boards became Shires. The Shire of Canning became the Town of Canning in 1970 and the City of Canning in 1979.