Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
The terms of reference of this Royal Commission were to inquire into and report upon:
1) the administration of the Aborigines Department;
2) the employment of Aboriginal natives under contracts of service and indentures of apprenticeship;
3) employment of Aboriginal natives in the pearshell fishery and otherwise on boats;
4) the native police system;
5) the treatment of Aboriginal prisoners;
6) the distribution of relief; and
7) generally into the treatment of the Aboriginal and half-caste inhabitants of the State.
Walter Edmund Roth was appointed as Royal Commissioner. The report of this Commission is frequently referred to as the Roth Report.