Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
On 26 March 1925, J.A. Northmore was appointed Royal Commissioner to inquire into and report on the following matters:
1(a) The contracts and transactions of the State Saw Mills and its officers with the Associated Motors Limited, Blackburn & Sons Limited, Westralian Timber and Trading Company Limited, W.R. Peters Company of Pemberton, and Patrick Harnett of Worsley;
1(b) The constitution and membership of the companies mentioned;
1(c) Whether officers of the State Saw Mills were members of those companies, or had interests, directly or indirectly, in those companies, and if so whether such membership or interests were incompatible with the due and faithful discharge of the duty of such officers to the State Saw Mills;
1(d) Whether contracts and transactions were entered into by the State saw Mills or its officers with such companies and persons whereby the personal interests of such officers conflicted with their duty as public servants employed by the State Saw Mills as a State trading concern; and
1(e) Whether, with a view to benefitiing any company of which he was a member or in which he was directly or indirectly interested, or with a view to benefitiing any persons in whose transactions he was directly or indirectly interested, any officer of the State Saw Mills caused or procured, or attempted to cause or procure, or assisted in causing or procuring (i) any contract or agreement to be entered into by the State Saw Mills with such company, or (ii) any other contract or agreement to be entered into with or by such company to the prejudice of the State Saw Mills.
(2) The transactions of the State Saw Mills from the first day of January 1922 with other companies or persons, including the purchase or proposals for the purchase of mills and timber areas or concessions, if it appears that in such transactions the personal interests of such officers conflicted with their duty as aforesaid.
The report of the Royal Commission was completed on 2 June 1925.