Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
On 5 December 1947, William Edgar Stannard was appointed Royal Commissioner to inquire into and report upon the following matters in relation to milk as defined in section six of the Milk Act:
1) The cost of production, transport, treatment and distribution of milk;
2) The prices to be paid to dairymen for milk;
3) The prices to be charged (a) by milk vendors to other milk vendors, and (b) by milk vendors to consumers;
4) The charges to be made in respect of the transport and the treatment of milk;
5) Any other matter incidental to or connected with the foregoing which the Hon. Minister for Agriculture shall approve as being within the scope of the Commission.
Stannard was Chairman of the Milk Board of WA. He was assisted as Royal Commissioner by Will Adam, Inspector in the State Audit Department.
The report of the Royal Commission was completed on 28 January 1948.