Series S2408 - SEPARATION REGISTERS

Identity area

Reference code

AU WA S2408

Title

SEPARATION REGISTERS

Date(s)

  • 1990-06-02 - 1998-08-03 (Creation)

Level of description

Series

Medium

Format

Volumes

Status

Context area

Name of creator

AU WA A1000 - MOUNT HENRY HOSPITAL (1951-01-01 - 1998-08-03)

Administrative history

Originally opened in 1951 to care for mentally ill and disabled elderly patients. Mount Henry Hospital became a teaching hospital for the W.A. School of Nursing from 1954 to 1975 with a restorative unit opened in1964 and declared a Public Hospital in 1966. At its peak, the Hospital housed 380 beds and offered services for Restorative, Respite, Assessment, Continuing Care, Palliative Care and Psycho Geriatric treatment. The hospital closed in mid 1998.

Archival history

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Called separation registers because they contain informaion regarding deceased patients and discharges.

Accruals

System of arrangement

None discernible

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing access (legacy)

Restricted 100 years

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Related units of description

Related units of description

Access points

Place access points

Description control area

Level of detail

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Archivist's note

Range Control Symbol = 1-2

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places