- 1955-06-20 - 1962-07-04 (Creation)
Level of description
Name of creator
The government school at Sunday Island was opened on 21 February 1955, a school having previously been run on the Island by the United Aborigines Mission. It was closed on 4 July 1962.
At the end of 1962 the school records for the period 1955 to 1962 were transferred to the State Records Office; they have all been kept partly as a sample of the type of records for a small primary school, partly because of the particular interest of this school with its Aboriginal students.