Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
The boundaries were defined and an area was designated as the Canning Road District on 24 January 1871.
On 26 April 1907, a portion of the Canning Road District was severed to become the Municipality of Queen's Park and the remainder became the Gosnells Road District. The Municipality of Queen's Park operated until 5 November 1915 when it was abolished and reconstituted as the Queen's Park Road Board together with a section of the Gosnells Road District.
On 17 June 1921, the name of the Queen's Park Road Board was changed to that of Canning Road Board which existed as such until 1 July 1961 when all Road Boards became Shires.
The Shire of Canning became the Town of Canning in 1970 and the City of Canning in 1979.