Type of entity
Legal Status Text
Authorized form of name
Other form(s) of name
Dates of existence
Prior to 1901 the Guildford Municipal Council was responsible for the administration of the Bassendean district. The West Guildford Road Board was gazetted on the 10 May 1901 and included all land west of the Swan River previously in the Guildford municipality. The new Road Board was divided into 3 wards on the 2 July 1909 and redivided into wards on the 3 April 1914.
On the 9 June 1922 the name of West Guildford Road Board was changed to Bassendean Road Board.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
The Roads Act 1902 (1/1/1903 until 30/6/1911) ;
The Roads Act No 29 of 1911 (1/7/1911 until 16/12/1919) ;
Road Districts Act 1919 (17/12/1919 to 9/6/1922).